Tactical Surge Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Theory's Vortigaunt Application (EDIT)

3 posters

Go down

Chaos Theory's Vortigaunt Application (EDIT) Empty Chaos Theory's Vortigaunt Application (EDIT)

Post  Chaos Theory Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:30 pm

** PLEASE NOTE! Certain parts of this Application has been recently edited to fir with canon!**

Steam Name And ID:

Chaos Theory

STEAM_0:0:39952182

In-Game Main Character Name:
Venteel “Vinny” I'gino

How long have you played on the server?:
About a week I think. I’m having a lot of fun, and I’ve learned fast. I look forward to learning more!

Character Backstory: (Minimum Two Paragraphs (Paragraph: Minimum Four Complete Sentences Per Paragraph):

Venteel was born shortly before the rift opened up. His mother had a close eye on him, and by some miracle they managed to not only escape with their lives, but their freedom (Well, as much as you could have under The soon-to-be Combine rule). Venteel grew up on earth, around humans, giving him a somewhat different accent than most Vortigaunts. Venteel is a literature addict, Reading whatever he can in both Vortiguese and English. He always carries a copy of "1984", written in vortiguese, that his father gave him. His parents were beaten to death by combine when Venteel was 14 (well, the vortigaunt equivalent).
Venteel was eventually sold into slavery, living out the remainder of his teens in Iron chains.
Times were often tough for Venteel, but his spirit was never broken. Nobody is quite sure how, but he eventually won his freedom (it is assumed he obtained it illegally).
Afterwards, Venteel sought a career in the rebellion. He was taken under the wing of Mr. Octavius Typhoon, a leader of a small band of rebels, known for their long black trenchcoats. After a raid, in which he was the only survivor, Venteel became a freelance rebel, and kept his uniform coat. He currently resides in city 18.

Examples of actions you would do In-Game: (minimum Cool:
(For our purposes, this will read *somewhat* like a script [My usual righting style is very different, and I don’t quite deem it appropriate for displaying a roleplay scenario])
Venteel sits in the shop with multiple books on his lap, comparing them to one another.
PA announcement: “All citizens please collect your rations…”
Shop keeper nonchalantly out of the store, then looks back at Venteel who remains exactly where he was.
“Aren’t you coming?” he says.
Venteel says “I shall not accept such a heartless and hostile donation from the Combine”
Shopkeeper: “Don’t you have to eat?”
Venteel: “Do not worry. I shall be fine”
Shopkeeper: “huh?”
Venteel looks up, raises his hands and creates a small electrical surge, perfectly controlled in his hands. “I make an excellent Pigeon stew…”
Shopkeeper smirks and says “that may be so, but I gotta close up shop…”
Venteel, getting up: “ Of course…”
Venteel exits.
CP notices that Venteel is not moving with the crowd.
CP: “Citizen, collect your ration”
“I don’t need it…” Venteel says rather sternly.
CP pulls out stunstick, “Citizen: identify”
Venteel is silent
CP pushes Venteel “IDENTIFY”
Venteel notices numerous Cps approaching. “Venteel I’gino” he very discreetly shoots an electric charge at a nearby vending machine, causing it to overload and shoot off sparks and release cans.
CPs rush towards machine.
Venteel picks up a dropped can and sips from it as he nonchalantly walks away.

Example of speech you would use in-game: (minimum 6):
“This world is so underfed, even the pigeons are malnourished…”
“The Combine have taken away all that was once our basic right, in the coldest manners conceivable. Justice SHALL BE SERVED”
“ This fate had been so long warned of… the only way it has come to pass is by the inconceivable and unavoidable circumstances of which it came to be.”
“Why fight now when such horrible events are bound to occur? Let us wait for now… our opportunity shall arise.”
“I find a safe haven from this world in the soft paper worlds of literature”
“Everyone here has their ways of rebelling against the combine. Some steal Breen water… some fail to report crime… others are more blatant, risking their very lives to achieve little. Little by little, we chip away at the hardy fabric of this world, hoping someday it may crumble.”

Why do you want to be a Vortigaunt?:
It seems like a lot of fun, and definitely a challenge! I’ve been told I’m pretty good at roleplaying, and I think I could play this role quite well.

Do you understand that if you abuse your rights your character will be banned, you will lose your whitelist, and you may be banned temporarily depending on your actions?:
(as venteel) Yeees, of cooouurse! What else can I do to repay such an honor?

Last edited by Chaos Theory on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory

http://chaostheory116.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Chaos Theory's Vortigaunt Application (EDIT) Empty Re: Chaos Theory's Vortigaunt Application (EDIT)

Post  Renzo Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:47 am

Good app, a little sad that you didn't stick with canon but it still was great. +Support
Renzo
Renzo
| Community Owner | App Manager | Donator | Ventrilo Admin | Minecraft Admin |

https://www.facebook.com/renzofergod

Back to top Go down

Chaos Theory's Vortigaunt Application (EDIT) Empty Re: Chaos Theory's Vortigaunt Application (EDIT)

Post  Chaos Theory Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Oh Crap! I was really worried about that! Thank you though! I've been told I'm a pretty good writer. Recently I wrote a 30-something page short story.

In any case, do you think I can change and resend it?
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory

Back to top Go down

Post  Renzo Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Just edit and reply on this thread that you've edited it.
Renzo
Renzo

https://www.facebook.com/renzofergod

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Theory Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:47 pm

M'kay, lemme just do a little research...
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Theory Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Think that just bout covers it. There was surprisingly little to change actually...

If anyone spots something let me know.
Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaos Theory Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 pm

Uhm, Mine hasn't been accepted or denied yet, and I've been waiting a really long time...

..just uh.. whenever is fine...
silent

Chaos Theory
Chaos Theory

Back to top Go down

Post  Burningfox6 Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:31 pm

DENIED. Doesn't follow canon at all.
Burningfox6
Burningfox6
Owner
Owner

https://surge-gaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down