Tactical Surge Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt Hofnagel's MPF Application

3 posters

Go down

Matt Hofnagel's MPF Application Empty Matt Hofnagel's MPF Application

Post  mhofnagel Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:36 am

Steam Name: Matt Hofnagel

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19235963

In-Game Main Character Name: Neal Caffrey

How long have you played on the server?: one day. (I'm really interested in the whole RP aspect of this specific server and plan on being a regular.)

Character Backstory (Minimum Two Paragraphs (Paragraph: Minimum Four Complete Sentences Per Paragraph):
Jesse "Jackal" Taylor learned how to be a man from his father. His father taught him how to fight, how to survive, but most importantly, he taught him about honor and a sense of justice. He was taught to always find the best solution to everyone's problems. This point of view drives Jesse to be firm but fair. He might not be the most hardened Officer, but he is dedicated and willing to learn.

Jesse, in his pursuit of justice, has caused him to make pretty rash judgement calls that barred him from joining a normal police force. He is haunted by his father's brutal murder by a coked out junkie. This causes him to have no remorse for any criminals, but compassion for the good souls in the world. He is a man of faith, but never forces his religion on other people. He got the nickname "Jackal" after hunting down the man that killed his father. He did it quickly, cleanly, and stealthily. The authorities, believing it to be a contract killing, dubbed him the Jackal.

Examples of actions you would do In-Game (Minimum 10):
/me Tugs at his dogtags, a reminder of the lives lost in the past, and the lives to be saved in the future.

"That's close enough, you worthless scum."

"I can't wait to see some action!"

"Hard to believe this world ever was at peace."

"Hold your fire! He's innocent!"

"Rest in peace, for your loss is necessary for the gain of humanity."

"If we start killing innocent people, we're no better than them!"

"I'm only here because I had the courage to fight my way through hell and back."

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil."

"We will kill every single one of those bastards, if that's what it takes."

"Get up, I don't like people like you in my city."

/me grabs the citizen daring enough to defy the law.
/me smiles at the man for his courage before bringing him to jail.

/me sensing the tension between the factions, readies his weapon, making sure the safety is locked firmly in place.

MPF: (Going to execute citizen)
Me: /me pushes them aside
Me: At least let him die like a man.
Me: /me offers the man a pistol
Citizen: (Tries to take pistol)
Me: (Wins roll)
Me /me looks intently at the man before snuffing out the fire in his eyes.

Why do you want to be MPF?: I want to enhance the rp experience for myself, and other players.

Do you understand that if you abuse your rights your character will be banned, you will lose your

whitelist, and you may be banned temporarily depending on your actions?: Absolutely

Do you understand that if you show traitorous actions and traits you will be amputated and PKed?: Yes

Do not go Rogue without my authorization! (Burningfox6). Also, If I'm not on, ask someone to ask me,

and just try to get your rank to 04 before you go Rogue.

Last edited by mhofnagel on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the things talked about. If you really want to see more of a story, I might write one once I develop the character more. :D)

mhofnagel
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Back to top Go down

Matt Hofnagel's MPF Application Empty Re: Matt Hofnagel's MPF Application

Post  Spectre Once-ler Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:42 am

mhofnagel wrote:Steam Name: Matt Hofnagel

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:19235963

In-Game Main Character Name: Neal Caffrey

How long have you played on the server?: one day. (I'm really interested in the whole RP aspect of this specific server and plan on being a regular.) Atleast it's better than just a few hours. I like it.

Character Backstory (Minimum Two Paragraphs (Paragraph: Minimum Four Complete Sentences Per Paragraph):
Jesse "Jackal" Taylor learned how to be a man from his father. His father taught him how to fight, how to survive, but most importantly, he taught him about honor and a sense of justice. He was taught to always find the best solution to everyone's problems. This point of view drives Jesse to be firm but fair. He might not be the most hardened Officer, but he is dedicated and willing to learn.

Jesse, in his pursuit of justice, has caused him to make pretty rash judgement calls that barred him from joining a normal police force. He is haunted by his father's brutal murder by a coked out junkie. This causes him to have no remorse for any criminals, but compassion for the good souls in the world. He is a man of faith, but never forces his religion on other people. He got the nickname "Jackal" after hunting down the man that killed his father. He did it quickly, cleanly, and stealthily. The authorities, believing it to be a contract killing, dubbed him the Jackal.
I really like the backstory. I am just saying this, it's not something you have to do, but I'd really like to hear more. It's like reading a good book.

Examples of actions you would do In-Game (Minimum 10):
/me Tugs at his dogtags, a reminder of the lives lost in the past, and the lives to be saved in the future.

"That's close enough, you worthless scum."

"I can't wait to see some action!"

"Hard to believe this world ever was at peace."

"Hold your fire! He's innocent!"

"Rest in peace, for your loss is necessary for the gain of humanity."

"If we start killing innocent people, we're no better than them!"

"I'm only here because I had the courage to fight my way through hell and back."

"Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil."

"We will kill every single one of those bastards, if that's what it takes."

"Get up, I don't like people like you in my city."
At the moment I'm a little confused. Well, even though it's kind of obvious who's who, you should probably still type it, like.. MPF: "Something" Also, I think it should include a few more /me's. Else than that, I like it.

Why do you want to be MPF?: I want to enhance the rp experience for myself, and other players. That's a pretty good reason.

Do you understand that if you abuse your rights your character will be banned, you will lose your

whitelist, and you may be banned temporarily depending on your actions?: Absolutely

Do you understand that if you show traitorous actions and traits you will be amputated and PKed?: Yes

Do not go Rogue without my authorization! (Burningfox6). Also, If I'm not on, ask someone to ask me,

and just try to get your rank to 04 before you go Rogue.
:3
Spectre Once-ler
Spectre Once-ler
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mhofnagel Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:05 am

Okay, I fixed the things you mentioned.

mhofnagel
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Once-ler Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:47 am

Also, if you get accepted, don't try to be a mini-hitler. The ranks where you can start becoming a bit of a mini-hitler is 02-01.
Hell, if I could, I'd accept this one.
Spectre Once-ler
Spectre Once-ler
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mhofnagel Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:59 am

Digicolt wrote:Also, if you get accepted, don't try to be a mini-hitler. The ranks where you can start becoming a bit of a mini-hitler is 02-01.

Well, my character isn't a min-hitler... Yet... But who can accept the apps?

mhofnagel
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Spectre Once-ler Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:01 am

mhofnagel wrote:
Digicolt wrote:Also, if you get accepted, don't try to be a mini-hitler. The ranks where you can start becoming a bit of a mini-hitler is 02-01.

Well, my character isn't a min-hitler... Yet... But who can accept the apps?
I think it's Fox and Renzo.
But, you'll probably see soon.
Spectre Once-ler
Spectre Once-ler
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mhofnagel Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:09 am

Okay, I'm really excited to start up this storyline.

mhofnagel
VIP Poster
VIP Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Renzo Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:45 pm

ACCEPTED
Renzo
Renzo
| Community Owner | App Manager | Donator | Ventrilo Admin | Minecraft Admin |
| Community Owner | App Manager | Donator | Ventrilo Admin | Minecraft Admin |

https://www.facebook.com/renzofergod